Data Scientist - Bangalore
Position: Data Scientist
Job location: Bangalore
Reporting to: Associate Director- Products
Business Unit: Goibibo
ibibo Group is India’s largest online travel group with integrated travel properties such as Goibibo.com (No. 1 hotels and leading air aggregator) ; redBus.in (No 1 online bus ticketing platform) ; YourBus (Vehicle tracking application), recently launched car sharing app, ibibo Ryde and Travelboutique (51% stake in the leading B2B online travel platform).
The company’s mission is to organize the transportation and accommodation industry and connect it with the travelers. More than 3mn unique users transact with ibibo properties every month making ibibo the biggest travel company in India!
ibibo Group was founded by Ashish Kashyap and the company also owns a minority stake in Naspers’ global payments business, PayU Global.
1. Apply advanced analytics to measure performance and improve decision making.
2. Work closely with the technology and product team on conversion optimization initiatives on both sides of marketplace..
4. Leverage ETL techniques on raw data to cleanse data sets for advanced analytics resulting in actionable insights.
5. Design and develop new models and algorithms leveraging Static & dynamic content to provide advanced analytics to guide decision making on demand & supply side.
6. Collaborate with Product & Engineering to present 360-degree analysis and recommendations to stakeholders on diverse hypothesis.
7. Develop models around Predictive Analytics, Liquidity, Inventory, Demand, & Consumption pattern, Pricing.
8. Build Recommendation engine leveraging diverse Data through R.
Qualification and Skills Required
- Experience on techniques involving Regression, Corelation , CHAID,
- Master’s degree in Computer science / Statistics.
- Experience in modeling techniques - Demand Prediction & Pricing & machine learning Algos.
- Hands-on experience on data platforms: SQL, Hadoop, Hive.
- Strong at Excel, Macros, Data modeling – Hypothesis creation.
- Experience with R Analytics - a must.
- Exposure to Big Data Ecosystem is a must.
- Hands-on with Hadoop/MapReduce is a Plus.
- Expertise in a scripting Language – Python/Perl is a Must.